One Green-Paper Flip

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

BAM!

BAM! That's right! I sold the clubs! When I first looked at them, they looked pretty good. The guy wanted $50 for them, but I don't know much about golf, so I had to try calling a friend to find out if it was a good deal. He wasn't there, so I figured I should just pass them by to be safe. A few minutes later, some guy comes by and looks at them (it was a garage sale). He talked very well of them, but said he already had some clubs. I followed him in the crowd and asked him how good a deal it was. He said the bag was probably worth that much. So I go back and tell the guy that $40 was a better price and he went for it. The best part was when his wife says, "Mom's gunna be mad at you, she wanted $80 for those clubs.", and the guy responds, "she's not the one sitting in the hot sun all day." LOL - I ended up selling them for $100, so I guess she was right. I found a crappy 3-wood for $.50 and threw it in the bag for good measure. I found a 1 wood, also, but it was for the wrong hands. Someone would probably notice I think. So now I have $149.50 and figure I'll withdraw my original $10.

Now I have to figure out what to do with my $139.50. Any ideas?

2 Comments:

  • Only you, my brother, would be as crazy to try this....and succeed!! Good luck, when you are done, you can pay off my mortgage!

    D.

    By Blogger D., at 8:35 PM  

  • Are you kidding? When I'm done I am taking a much needed vacation to Costa Rica!

    After that I'll pay for your mortgage, but only if I can sell it for more.

    ;)

    By Blogger One Green-Paper Flip, at 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home