One Green-Paper Flip

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

450% !!!!!!!!

Holy crap! I just sold the de-humidifier and I made 450%! Now that it's sold, here's the story...

I was surfing the local for sale web page and found a "humidifier" for sale for 20 bucks which had barely been used. No picture, no write up, no details, no nothing. Well, I figured it was probably one of cheap mist machines that usually go for 20 bucks or so, but I asked for the model and manufacturer anyways. It turned out to be a de-humidifier that Canadian Tire sells for $169+tax. It isn't a bad unit as it will de-humidify 1000 square feet. I called the guy up and it turns out that it was his former room mates who moved away. He was just going to throw it out, but figured if he could get 20 bucks for it then that would be nice. Yeah... nice for me baby! I went to see it and it was in great shape. I paid the 20 bucks and it only took 5 minutes for me to sell it for 90 bucks at my work. In fact, someone else said they would have bought it for $100, so it looks like I didn't even get the full value out of it. I guess I figured that since I only paid 20 bucks, it couldn't possibly be worth more than 90. There's another lesson for me. I should at least TRY to sell it for more than I think it's worth just in case it is. I can always drop the price later. Remember, I have NO pressure to sell.

Now, what do I buy for 90 bucks or less? Back to the classifieds.

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home