One Green-Paper Flip

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

ONE UGLY RING SOLD!

That's right! Someone bid on it in the final 5 minutes. Thank the Lord! I'm just happy to get rid of it. That is with out a doubt the worst investment I made so far. I paid $90 originally, which I figured was a great deal, because it was appraised for $650. I don't think I took into account the ugly factor. No one wanted this thing. The winning bid was $99, but with ebay fees being $8.85, I only made 15 cents! Actually, I think I'll make a bit more because she doesn't live too far away, and you can only put a fixed price for shipping and handling. (I charged what it would cost to send it to B.C. since that could have happened). I'll probably make something like $5 on the whole deal. It wasn't a waste of time though, because I learned some valuable lessons about buying ugly stuff and also about how Ebay works. I should have listed it in U.S. dollars, and I also should have got a PayPal account so people don't have to waste money on Money Orders and Cahier's Cheques. All in all, I am very very happy to get my money back and a bit extra since half my money was tied up in this ring. I think I need to concentrate more on items that will flip fast. Maybe I'll look for a nice cheap, beautiful ring next time. I'll update all the financials once the deal is officially done.

4 Comments:

  • Congrats....you see, somebody's ugly junk is somebody's beautiful junk.
    D.

    By Blogger D., at 9:31 PM  

  • I suppose you're right? Want to buy a beautiful coffee maker?

    By Blogger One Green-Paper Flip, at 10:46 AM  

  • Go, Geoff, Go! Congrats onyour sale. What's the next item up for flipping?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 AM  

  • I have a tip...though you probably know this :) Go to eBay and spend around an hour looking at the prices of things. Vintage toys are excellent, Strawberry Shortcake, my Little Pony, Game & Watch... there are thousands of things in garage sales that you can make 1000% and more on !
    Good Luck !

    By Blogger Rachel., at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home