One Green-Paper Flip

Friday, July 21, 2006

I sold the bike!

It's about time I started selling things again.

I found this bike on the free selling webpage for Ottawa. I went to check it out and it rode really well. The only problems with it were a slightly warped wheel (which I didn't notice until later) and also the handbrake was a bit wierd. You could turn it all the way around the handlebar. I couldn't find anywhere to tighten it - but she was only asking $25 for the bike, so I figured if I could talk her down, then for sure someone would buy it for more. I offered $20 and she accepted. That was when I realised why people put bike racks on thier car. After about 10 minutes of fighting with the bike, I finally got it in the car. Whew! I was worried that I would have to ride my new bike and tow my car.
I put the bike back up on the same board that I sold it on (after a few days)for $50 and got a few bites. Some guy finally come and saw it and I let him talk me down to $40. 100% profit. Not bad. That's still the least profit I have made, although the coffee maker could be a dud since I haven't got any calls. Anyone want a crappy coffee maker?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home