One Green-Paper Flip

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

EBAY!!

Well, I posted my first item on ebay. It's the ugly ring! Hopefully someone in the world doesn't think it's too ugly. It's posted for $99 at the moment, but I hope it gets to be a lot more than that. The appraisal report lists it for about $650 so it should go up in value. I put the ad for one week. It will be a good learning experience for sure. Otherwise, I have had a few bites for the workout bench and someone intereseted in the speakers, but nothing has sold so far. I'd like to unload an item or two more before I start buying things again. Especially the ring. I'm starting to doubt whether I should have purchased it. The Auction will tell me for sure. If it doesn't sell, then I blew $3.50 in fees, but I think it's worth it for the ebay selling experience either way.

Check it out and feel free to bid on it.

EBAY RING POSTING

4 Comments:

  • What about going to a pawn shop with the documents? See what they will give you for it?
    D.

    By Blogger D., at 8:19 AM  

  • I thought of that and figured they would offer much less than what I paid, but you never know. I can't do that until the Auction is done though in case someone buys it. I would hate to have no ugly ring to give the winner.

    By Blogger One Green-Paper Flip, at 11:03 AM  

  • I went to e-day to find your ring (I didn't follow the link) and on the main page where all the listings are, your picture didn't show up - it might be more marketable if the picture shows up so people can click through. Or - since it is 1 ugly diamond ring, maybe this is part of your strategy.

    Either way - good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 AM  

  • Yeah, I thought that since it was so ugly, people might be more likely to go to it without a picture, but since that's not working I took your advice. I guess if they're going to buy it then they have to see it anyway. I can't believe there are no bids. Maybe it's really not worth what I think it is.

    By Blogger One Green-Paper Flip, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home